CRTPA DRAFT TIP
The Draft FY 2017 - FY 2021 TIP containing transportation projects (including aviation, bicycle, pedestrian, roadway and transit) within Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon and Wakulla counties that have received state and federal funding in Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Draft Work Program has been developed by the CRTPA (click here to view).
The purpose of the document is to inform citizens of the transportation projects that have received funding in the CRTPA region. Furthermore, in order to use federal funds for a transportation improvement, the US Department of Transportation requires that the improvement be identified within an adopted TIP. Specifically, 23 U.S.C. 134(j), 23 CFR 450 and subsection 339.175(7), F.S. require transporation planning agencies like the CRTPA to develop a TIP.
The state and federal projects contained within the TIP are listed by county and project type, as follows:
- Major Capacity (significant capacity additions to existing roadways or the construction of new roadways);
- Transportation Systems Management (projects that typically provide low cost improvements to existing roadways such as the addition of turn lanes at intersection or improvements to assist pedestrians; also includes Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects);
- Bicycle/Pedestrian (includes bicycle and pedestrian projects as well as transportation enhancement projects consistent with the requirements of the Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act (SAFETEA-LU) including such projects as bicycle and pedestrian amenities, landscaping, and rehabilitation of historical transportation buildings);
- Public Transportation (includes operations and capital improvements projects for StarMetro, as well as projects that fund the provision of public transportation services for the transportation disadvantaged and projects that fund commuting services between the communities with the CRTPA region);
- Aviation (includes aviation projects for the Tallahassee International Airport and the Quincy Municipal Airport);
- Bridge (includes bridge rehabilitation and replacement projects selected by the FDOT); and,
- Resurfacings (includes resurfacing and repaving projects on the state system as identified by the FDOT).
Because it usually takes many years to complete a project, projects are scheduled by phase (planning, right-of-way, design/preliminary engineering, and construction).
The CRTPA is now seeking public comments on the document (scheduled for adoption at the June 20, 2016 CRTPA Board meeting).
HOW CAN COMMENTS BE PROVIDED?
Comments may be provided in person at CRTPA public meetings or written via email, letter or webpage:
- CRTPA Committee Meetings (Citizens Mulitmodal Advisory Committee & Technical Advisory Committees): May 10 at 11:30 am & June 7 (click here for more information)
- CRTPA Board Meetings: May 16 & June 20 at 1 pm, Tallahassee City Commission Chambers
- TIP Public Meeting: Monday, May 23 (5 pm - 6 pm) Tallahassee Room, Tallahassee City Hall. The TIP public meeting will also seek comment on the CRTPA's Draft FY 2018 - FY 2022 Transportation Alternatives Priority Project List (also scheduled for adoption on June 20). For more information on the CRTPA Transportation Alternatives Program, click here. To view the DRAFT FY 2018 - FY 2022 TA PPL, click here To view the meeting presentation, click here
- Written (email, letter, webpage)* Email: Send comments to: email@example.com Letter: Mail comments: CRTPA, 300 S. Adams Street, A-19, Tallahassee, FL 32301 Website: Click here to provide comments
*Note: All written comments should be received by Friday, June 17, 2016.
Please contact Greg Burke, CRTPA at 891-8626 (or via email)
Si necesita assistencia en español, por favor ponga se en contacto con nosotros.